Welcome to Newsletter 17
The TAURUS FLIES !!!!
Not too much text in this email… the pictures speak for themselves.
The Pipistrel team are proud to inform you that the newest addition to the Pipistrel family; the world’s first side-by-side microlight motorglider the Taurus is FLYING!
The maiden flight was conducted on May 15th with great success and is now undergoing full flight-testing.
Due to the overwhelming response a pure glider (no engine) version of the Taurus is also planned for production.
The Taurus in flight with engine retracted
The Taurus in flight with engine running
Plenty of room in the unique side-by-side cockpit – Heaps of headroom !!
Well appointed cockpit is standard
Ivo in flight with his latest creation
The Taurus backdropped by the hills around Ajdovscina
High speed flypast during the start of testing, note the wheels retracted
Taurus 503 price list…. Euro 70,000 with the following options.
Included in the basic price are……
- Outer surfaces white colored, cabin indoor surfaces blue colored
- Coloring, finishing and polishing of joints on all plastic parts
- Positive and negative flaperons
- Automatic control connection when fitting wings
- Wing air brakes – spoilers
- Tie down points in the wings
- Internal elevator trim
- Integrated tank in the wings with filling cap on top
- Warning light for minimum fuel level
- Noise reducing firewall
- 3 point “Schroth” seat belts
- Baggage sac behind the seats
- Cabin carpets in blue colour
- Comfortable seats with adjustable head rests
- Adjustable pedals with wheel brakes levers on both sides
- Three point canopy fixation
- Cabin window with air vent hole on both sides
- Separate venting for each pilot
- Retractable mechanical main landing gear
- Towing hook
- Hydraulic disk brakes on the main wheels
- Ballistic rescue system GRS 5
- Cigarette lighter connector
- Instrument panel with……
- All flight and engine instruments
- LX 160 acoustic total energy variometer
- Radio XCOM 760, antenna and light headsets
- Slip indicator
- Magnetic compass with mount
- 2 blade ground adjustable propeller
- Engine Rotax 503 53 hp with 2 carburetors and automatic electric system to retract the engine
Orders for the motorised (self-launch) version of Taurus are now being accepted with the first aircraft expected to be shipped in 12 months. The non-powered version to follow shortly after.
As always please come back to me with any questions.
Take care Michael Coates